How to Best Operate a Laundromat
May 25, 2022
Running a Laundromat is simple, but creating or maintaining a successful laundromat takes hard work. An owner does not need to be in the laundromat every day, but they must understand their customers, equipment and competition.
Below is a very basic list of responsibilities a store owner can expect when operating a laundromat:
- Collect the Store
- For coin stores, this will generally take place twice weekly.
- For card operated stores, this can take place less frequently, if desired by the owner.
- Stock Vending Machines
- Stocking of vending machines is normally done once weekly and can be supplemented by employees after the owner collects the money from the machines.
- Audit Wash n’ Fold Stations
- This is a general audit that runs concurrently with the collection of the store. It consists of checking wash n’ fold claim tickets and counting wash n’ fold income.
- Managing and Directing Day-to-Day Employee Issues
- An owner will need to set schedules of attendants, as well as assist in hiring, firing, and training.
- Handling Customer Complaints
- Attendants should be trained to handle most complaints, but an owner may need to address some customer problems.
- Implementing Promotions
- Promotions can play a major role in the success of a laundry. This can be as simple as having flyers printed and making sure the attendants pass them out, to more intricate marketing strategies.
- Keep the Equipment in Working Order
- Keeping the laundry equipment in working condition is crucial to the continued success of a laundry. Work with your local service technician to make sure proper repairs and equipment maintenance are being completed.
- Monitor Competition
- Get to know your competition. Know their strengths, weaknesses, pricing, and promotion strategies.
More Articles on How to Best Operate Your Laundromat:
How to Use Technology to Improve Operations of Your Laundromat
Blueprint for Self-Service Laundry Success – Part 1
Blueprint for Self-Service Laundry Success – Part 2
Blueprint for Self-Service Laundry Success – Part 3
The Vitality of Vending – Part 1
The Vitality of Vending – Part 2
Connect with Us
Fill out the form below for your laundry needs.